Local ContactsDan Newsom - Executive Director
- Resident of White County, Arkansas
- High school graduate or equivalent (may apply if enrolled in college and in process of obtaining GED diploma).
- Single head of household (single, separated, divorced, widowed) with primary care of a child under the age of eighteen (18) living in your home.
- Pursuing a vocationally oriented undergraduate course of study (full or part time) to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family. Applicants cannot already have earned an undergraduate degree with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Applicant has low to moderate income, typically not more than 250% of federal poverty.
- Applicant has and maintains a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- All documentation listed below must be received by the deadline in order for the application to be considered complete. Incomplete applications will NOT be reviewed.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above).
- Single Parent Scholarship Application COMPLETELY filled out in ink or typed.
- Verification of college/school enrollment or acceptance (letter from educational institution acknowledging current enrollment and active participation). THIS DOCUMENT MUST BE OBTAINED AND SIGNED BY THE REGISTRAR.
- Transcript (official or copy) of high school or college work (whichever is more recent)
- Proof of applying for a PELL Grant.
- Only applies to first-time applicants: Two (2) letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character and goals. Please do not use relatives as references. Letters must be signed in ink by the person writing the letter and must include their address and telephone number so they may be contacted.
- Only applies to first-time applicants: A statement of your goals written on a separate sheet of paper (minimum 90 words)
If you are a resident of White County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above).
- Complete your application using Adobe Reader (free download). Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline. Use the address found on the application form.