Local ContactsSkip Davis
Effective Spring 2019 we have adopted a new application format. Read How to Apply below for application instructions.
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT.
- June 15 - Priority deadline for Continuing Applicants only (submit by this date to receive priority consideration)
- July 15 - Regular deadline for all applicants
- September 15 - Late deadline for all applicants (may qualify for scholarships if funds are still available)
- November 15 - Priority deadline for Continuing Applicants only (submit by this date to receive priority consideration)
- January 15 - Regular deadline for all applicants
- March 15 - Late deadline for all applicants (may qualify for scholarships if funds are still available)
SUMMER: To be determined
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form (unless otherwise indicated) by the application deadline (above).
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT. Contact us if you have questions.
NEW APPLICANTS *
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended - including your most recent term. If you have no college experience, provide your high school transcript or GED certificate. You may upload unofficial transcripts to allow us to review your application. However, official transcripts must be provided before your scholarship is awarded. Official transcripts are sent directly from the Registrar's office or their designee by mail or eScript, or may be delivered in a sealed envelope to the contact listed above.
- Proof of marital status - Provide one of the following: divorce decree, legal separation order, spouse’s death certificate, or a statement that you have never been married.
CONTINUING APPLICANTS *
- FALL APPLICATIONS (you received an SPSF scholarship in spring or summer):
- Current transcript - An unofficial copy of your transcript showing your most recent grades, with cumulative GPA. You may download or print this from your school's website.
- SPRING & SUMMER APPLICATIONS (you received an SPSF scholarship the prior term):
- Unofficial transcript - An unofficial copy of your transcript showing your most recent grades, with cumulative GPA. You may download or print this from your school's website.
* Other documents may be requested, based on your individual situation. For instance, if your child is over 18 and still in high school, you will be asked to provide verification.
INTERVIEWS AND AWARDS
After the application deadline all eligible applicants will receive an email invitation to a personal interview with instructions for scheduling your appointment. Applicants who fail to schedule or attend this interview will be disqualified immediately.
You will receive notice of your award or denial once all interviews are complete. Award notices will specify the date scholarships will be distributed along with instructions to receive your award. You may be asked to submit additional documents in order to receive your award.
If you are a resident of Van Buren County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Review our Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your Profile and Eligibility Quiz. Once you have submitted your Eligibility Quiz, look for an email letting you know if you are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- If you are invited to apply for the scholarship, log back into your account and begin your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account.