Local ContactsVeronda Tatum - SPSF Secretary/Treasurer
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT.
- November 15 - Priority deadline for Continuing Applicants only (submit by this date to receive priority consideration)
- March 15 - Regular deadline for all applicants
- June 1 - Late deadline for all applicants (may qualify for scholarships if funds are still available)
SUMMER: June 1 (if funds are available)
- June 15 - Priority deadline for Continuing Applicants only (submit by this date to receive priority consideration)
- July 15 - Regular deadline for all applicants
- September 15 - Late deadline for all applicants (may qualify for scholarships if funds are still available)
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form (unless otherwise indicated) by the application deadline (above).
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT. Contact us if you have questions.
Applicants must provide the following:
- Completed application form (above)**;
- Personal statement that includes goals, chosen program of study and information about you and your family/child(ren), as well as any other appropriate information that may be helpful to the Board in selecting recipients (1-2 pages, maximum)**;
- Proof of enrollment (class schedule receipt)**;
- High school or college transcript documenting 2.0 GPA**; (New Applicants only - Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended including your most recent term).
- Three letters of recommendation**; (Only if this is your first time applying)
- Proof of financial aid eligibility or denial**.
- Proof of income: Tax return (first page of most recent year). If you are exempt from filing a tax return, submit proof of income statement from the Department of Human Services. Other income verification may be considered if these documents do not apply to you situation.
- Marital status: (New applicants) provide one of the following: divorce decree, legal separation order, spouse’s death certificate, or a statement that you have never been married.
*You'll be asked to explain your circumstances and may be asked for additional documentation.
**Your signature on the application authorizes SPSF Board Members to access & review all documents in this application packet.
If you are a resident of Union County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above).
- Complete your application using Adobe Reader (free download). Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline. Use the address found on the application form.