Local ContactsLisa Harrison - Volunteer
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT.
SUMMER: May 21
- June 15 - Priority deadline for Continuing Applicants only (submit by this date to receive priority consideration)
- July 15 - Regular deadline for all applicants
- September 15 - Late deadline for all applicants (may qualify for scholarships if funds are still available)
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form (unless otherwise indicated) by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT. Contact us if you have questions.
NEW APPLICANTS *
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended - including your most recent term. If you have no college experience, provide your high school transcript or GED certificate. You may upload unofficial transcripts to allow us to review your application. However, official transcripts must be provided before your scholarship is awarded. Official transcripts are sent directly from the Registrar's office or their designee by mail or eScript, or may be delivered in a sealed envelope to the contact listed above.
- Proof of marital status - Provide one of the following: divorce decree, legal separation order, spouse’s death certificate, or a statement that you have never been married.
CONTINUING APPLICANTS *
- FALL APPLICATIONS (you received an SPSF scholarship in spring or summer):
- Current transcript - An unofficial copy of your transcript showing your most recent grades, with cumulative GPA. You may download or print this from your school's website.
- SPRING & SUMMER APPLICATIONS (you received an SPSF scholarship the prior term):
- Unofficial transcript - An unofficial copy of your transcript showing your most recent grades, with cumulative GPA. You may download or print this from your school's website.
* Other documents may be requested, based on your individual situation. For instance, if your child is over 18 and still in high school, you will be asked to provide verification.
If you are a resident of Scott County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.
Effective Fall 2017: New applicants and applicants who were not awarded in the prior term (Spring or Summer 2017) follow our new eligibility criteria.
Applicants who are renewing a scholarship (awarded in Spring or Summer 2017) continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program, as long as you are continuously awarded each spring and fall. Contact us (above) for questions about our former eligibility criteria.