How to Apply
If you are a resident of White County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
- Resident of White County, Arkansas
- Single head of household (unmarried, separated, divorced, or widowed)
- Have primary custody of a child (younger than age 18) who lives with you
- Have low monthly household income
- Earned a high school diploma or GED. If you are enrolled in college and in the process of obtaining a GED, you may be eligible for this scholarship.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or vocational degree or certification, full- or part-time, during the semester for which this scholarship will be used. Your chosen program must be one that will allow you to earn a living wage and provide a better standard of living for your family.
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA each semester in which this scholarship is used.
- Applicants who have previously earned a bachelors degree are not eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Applied for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline (address above).
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above), and list of Required Supporting Documents (below). Apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Click to download the application in the Downloads section (below).
- Review the application, guidelines, and requirements. Contact us (above) if you have any trouble collecting any of the documents, or have any questions about the form or requirements.
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Complete your application. Use Adobe Reader (free download) to complete the application using your computer.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above).
- Enrollment or acceptance letter signed by the Registrar of the school(s) you will attend during the semester for which this scholarship will be used, which acknowledges your current enrollment and active participation as a student.
- Copy of your high school transcript, GED test scores, or college transcript, whichever is most recent.
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR), or an award or denial letter from your school’s Financial Aid Office
New Applicants (Applicants who did not receive this scholarship last semester or who are applying for the first time)
- All items listed above, plus the following
- Two (2) letters of recommendation by people who are familiar with your character and goals. Letters must include the writer’s address and phone number, and his/her original signature. Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- Personal statement - (written on a separate sheet of paper, 90 words or more) Write a personal statement describing your goals.
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses