Local ContactsSkip Davis - SPSF Chair
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above).
New Applicants: (Applicants who did not receive this scholarship last semester or who are applying for the first time)
- All items listed under All Applicants (below)
- A statement of your goals. Write a brief personal statement explaining your goals for your life in general, and your goals for attending school. Explain why you chose your particular course of study and what you plan to achieve. Complete the sentence, "by receiving this grant I will be able to..." Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character, life experience, and goals. (Examples: employers, teachers, friends, ministers, etc.) Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- Legal records that document current marital status (e.g. divorce or separation decree, death certificate of spouse, etc.)
- Legal records documenting each of your dependents (e.g. birth certificates, custody decree, etc.)
- Copy of most recent tax return (Example: form 1040-EZ, 1040, etc.) Required once per year.
- Copy of your high school transcript, GED test scores, or vocational school/college transcript, whichever is most recent.
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship.
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR), or letter from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid during the semester for which this scholarship is to be used.
If you are a resident of Van Buren County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above).
- Complete your application using Adobe Reader (free download). Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline. Use the address found on the application form.