Local ContactsSkip Davis
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT.
SPRING: December 1
SUMMER: May 15
- June 15 - Priority deadline for Continuing Applicants only (submit by this date to receive priority consideration)
- July 15 - Regular deadline for all applicants
- September 15 - Late deadline for all applicants (may qualify for scholarships if funds are still available)
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form (unless otherwise indicated) by the application deadline (above).
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT. Contact us if you have questions.
- Statement of your goals. New applicants only. Include the following:
- Your general life goals
- Your goals for attending school. Why did you choose your current program of study (major) and what do you hope to achieve?
- Any other information about yourself that would be helpful in the evaluation of your application
- Complete this sentence: “By receiving this scholarship, I will be able to…”
- Three letters of recommendation. New applicants only. Request letters from people who are familiar with your life experiences and character. Consider getting recommendations from employers, teachers, friends, ministers, etc. Letters from relatives will not be accepted.
- Proof of enrollment. Class schedule for upcoming term or registrar verification. If a class schedule is not available at the time of your application, you may submit verification from the registrar with your application. However, a class schedule must still be provided before your scholarship is awarded.
- Proof of income. Tax return (first page of most recent year). If you are exempt from filing a tax return, submit a Proof of Income statement from the Department of Human Services. Other income verification may be considered if these documents do not apply to your situation.
- Pell Grant (FAFSA). A copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR), or letter from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid during the term for which this scholarship is to be used. If you did not apply for FAFSA, provide an explanation.
- NEW APPLICANTS - Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended - including your most recent term. If you have no college experience, provide your high school transcript or GED certificate. You may upload unofficial transcripts to allow us to review your application. However, official transcripts must be provided before your scholarship is awarded. Official transcripts are sent directly from the Registrar's office or their designee by mail or eScript, or may be delivered in a sealed envelope to the contact listed above.
- CONTINUING APPLICANTS - Current transcript - An unofficial copy of your transcript showing your most recent grades, with cumulative GPA. You may download or print this from your school's website.
- Proof of Marital Status. New applicants only. Provide one of the following: divorce decree, legal separation order, spouse’s death certificate, or a statement that you have never been married.
If you are a resident of Van Buren County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Download the appropriate application form for the scholarship term you wish to apply (above).
- Review the Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (on the application form).
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above).
- Complete your application using Adobe Reader (free download). Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline. Use the address found on the application form.