Local ContactsVeronda Tatum - SPSF Secretary/Treasurer
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above).
- Completed application form (above).
- Personal statement that includes goals, chosen program of study and information about you and your family/child(ren), as well as any other appropriate information that may be helpful to the Board in selecting recipients (1-2 pages, maximum).
- Proof of enrollment (class schedule receipt).
- High school or college transcript documenting 2.0 GPA.
- Three letters of recommendation (only applicable to first-time applicants)
- Proof of financial aid eligibility or denial
You may be asked to explain your circumstances and may be asked for additional documentation. Your signature on the application authorizes SPSF Board Members to access & review all documents you provide as part of your application.
If you are a resident of Union County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above).
- Complete your application using Adobe Reader (free download). Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline. Use the address found on the application form.