Local ContactsJerry D. Patterson - SPSF Chair
Spring - December 31
Summer - April 15
Fall - July 15
Single Parent Scholarships are awarded three times a year. Applicants must reapply for each semester that a scholarship is needed.
- Spring and Fall sessions (full-time) - $500
- Part-time students (6 hours or more) and Summer sessions - $250
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above).
- Three (3) letters of reference from people who are familiar with your life experience and character. Letters should be mailed by each writer to the Scholarship Committee (address above).
- Personal statement explaining why you chose your current course of study and what you hope to achieve. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- Copy of your high school transcript, GED certificate and test scores, or college transcript, whichever is most recent.
- (First-time college students only) Proof of enrollment for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship.
If you are a resident of Howard County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above).
- Complete your application using Adobe Reader (free download). Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline. Use the address found on the application form.