Local ContactsPete Chambers - Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Polk County
Preference is given to applications received prior to these deadlines:
Spring - December 1
Summer - April 1
Fall - August 15
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- Completed Application Form (printed or typed);
- Proof of Enrollment (All appropriate transcripts and class schedule);
- (For renewal applications), college transcript documenting 2.0 GPA achieved in prior term;
- Three references (From work, college, or personal sources. Please do not include relatives.) including name, address and phone number;
- Statement of your goals, chosen program of study, and why the scholarship is needed, as well as any other appropriate information that may be helpful to the board in identifying recipients (1-2 pages, maximum); and
- Proof of income and resources (ex: FAFSA [Free Application for Student Aid]; tax returns, letter from employer, print-out from the local DHS office verifying federal assistance; last three consecutive pay stubs, etc.).
If you are a resident of Polk County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (below).
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link in Documents (above).
- Complete your application using Adobe Reader (free download). Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Attach all required supporting documents to your application.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline. Use the address found on the application form.