Local ContactsPete Chambers - Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Polk County
Contact the person listed above to get complete eligibility criteria and to request an application. The documents listed below are a required part of the application process. Be sure to submit these with your completed application form.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
- Completed Application Form (printed or typed);
- Proof of Enrollment (All appropriate transcripts and class schedule);
- (For renewal applications), college transcript documenting 2.0 GPA achieved in prior term;
- Three references (From work, college, or personal sources. Please do not include relatives.) including name, address and phone number;
- Statement of your goals, chosen program of study, and why the scholarship is needed, as well as any other appropriate information that may be helpful to the board in identifying recipients (1-2 pages, maximum); and
- Proof of income and resources (ex: FAFSA [Free Application for Student Aid]; tax returns, letter from employer, print-out from the local DHS office verifying federal assistance; last three consecutive pay stubs, etc.).
If you are a resident of Polk County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
- Contact the person listed above to get full eligibility criteria and to request an application form.
- Collect all required supporting documents (above).
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship.
- Proofread and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents. Use the address found on the application form.