How to Apply
If you are a resident of Perry County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
Applicants may reapply for scholarship assistance each semester of study, but preference will be given to those completing their academic careers.
- Resident of Perry County, Arkansas
- Single head of household (unmarried, separated, divorced, widowed)
- Have primary custody of a child (younger than age 18)
- Have low household income, at or near the poverty level
- Earned a high school diploma or GED
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in a qualifying program, full- or part-time, during the semester for which this scholarship will be used. Your chosen program must be one that will allow you to earn a living wage and provide a better standard of living for your family.
- Applicants who have previously earned a bachelor's degree are not eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Applied for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above), and list of Required Supporting Documents (below). Apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Click to download the application in the Downloads section (above).
- Review the application, guidelines, and requirements. Contact us (above) if you have any trouble collecting any of the documents, or have any questions about the form or requirements.
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Complete your application. Use Adobe Reader (free download) to complete the application using your computer.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline (address above).
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above).
New Applicants: (Applicants who did not receive this scholarship last semester or who are applying for the first time)
- All items listed under All Applicants (below)
- Statement of goals explaining why you chose your current course of study and what you hope to achieve. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character and goals. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted.
- Release of Information form (pg 3 of Application)
- Proof of enrollment for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship.
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR), or letter or statement from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid during the semester for which this scholarship is to be used.
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses