IMPORTANT: Our eligibility criteria has changed. Please read the information below carefully.
If an application link doesn't appear below, please check back later.
How to Apply
If you are a resident of Montgomery County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
- A resident of Montgomery County, Arkansas and a legal resident of the United States (or a resident with DACA status).
- A single parent is one who has certain marital status and is the custodial birth parent or guardian of at least one dependent child. Single parents may be: never married, widowed, divorced, legally separated, or living apart and whose divorce will be final by the time the scholarship award is made. Eligible applicants may have a roommate or may live with a family member, but may not live with domestic partners or adults who also serve as parents or guardians to the applicant’s children.
- A high school graduate or have completed a GED.
- Have low to moderate household income, typically not more than 250% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- In the process of completing or have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Applicants are not required to apply for the FAFSA if you have DACA status or if the FAFSA is not available to students in your chosen training program.
- Have not previously earned a Bachelor’s degree.
- Attending or planning to attend an ASPSF approved post-secondary school or training agency.
- Pursuing a program of study that leads to employment that allows the family to move into economic self-sufficiency.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above) and the list of Required Supporting Documents (below).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Read the Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents if you need help.
- Click the application link to apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship. If an application link isn't available, it means that applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later. NOTE: You will not be able to apply without clicking the application link first.
- Login to your account. Contact the SPSF (above) if you don't remember your username or password. Create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account at a later time if you cannot complete your application in one sitting. Be sure to proofread your application and upload all required supporting documents before you are ready to submit it. You cannot make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
- Submit your application. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully. Contact the SPSF (above) if you need to alert us about missing or incorrect information on your application.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account.
DRAFT status means your application has not been submitted or received yet.
SUBMITTED means your application has been received and is awaiting further review.
UNDER REVIEW means the Selection Committee is reviewing your application.
AWARDED or DENIED indicates the Selection Committee’s final decision.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
- Personal Statement: Write a personal statement (1 to 2 pages maximum) explaining your career goals and how the Single Parent Scholarship Fund can help you achieve them. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from people who are work, college, or personal references.
Returning Applicants (Applicants who received this scholarship last semester)
- All items listed under All Applicants (above)
- Copy of your current college transcript (an electronic copy is acceptable)
- Copy of your class schedule (class schedule receipt) for the semester for which this scholarship will be used
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses