If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation by people who are familiar with your character and goals. Letters must be typewritten and include the writer's original signature. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted. Provide one letter for each of the following:
- a college or vocational school instructor or advisor,
- a person who can speak about your character, or your volunteerism or community service experience,
- a current or former employer
- Personal statement (typewritten) Write a personal statement explaining your goals, why you chose your current course of study, and what you hope to achieve.
- Enrollment or acceptance letter (or other form of verification) from the Registrar of the school(s) you will attend during the semester for which this scholarship will be used.
- Copy of your most recent high school transcript, GED test scores, or college transcript. For whichever level of school is the most recent, provide transcripts for all schools you transferred/attended.
- Proof of residence that shows you have lived in Mississippi County for at least six (6) months prior to your application. Examples: a utility bill in your name; letter from a utility company; copy of your Mississippi County Tax receipt (real estate or personal property)
If you are a resident of Mississippi County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.