Local ContactsEmily Krablin - SPSF Chair
Spring - December 31
Fall - July 15
WE HAVE NEW ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA - see below for details.
Effective Fall 2017: New applicants and applicants who were not awarded in the prior term (Spring or Summer 2017) follow our new eligibility criteria.
Applicants who are renewing a scholarship (awarded in Spring or Summer 2017) continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program, as long as you are continuously awarded each spring and fall. Contact us (above) for questions about our former eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
- Proof of enrollment for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship. (Example: enrollment or acceptance letter from your school(s) acknowledging current enrollment and active participation.)
- Proof of income
- Copy of your high school transcript, GED test scores, or college transcript, whichever is most recent.
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – letter from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid during the semester for which this scholarship is to be used.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation by people who are familiar with your character, life experiences, and goals. Letters must dated, and include the writer's original signature, address, and telephone number. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted.
- Personal statement - (typewritten or handwritten in blue or black ink, 90 words or more) Write a personal statement about yourself that explains why you chose your current course of study and what you hope to achieve. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- ADHE Release Form - Download and complete the form.
If you are a resident of Lonoke County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.