Local ContactsBeverly Chapple - Field Director, Delta Region
NOTE: If you received a scholarship previously, but not in the last year, or if you've never received this scholarship, apply as a NEW APPLICANT. Otherwise, apply as a CONTINUING APPLICANT.
SUMMER: May 15
- July 15 - Priority deadline for Continuing Applicants only (submit by this date to receive priority consideration)
- September 15 - Regular deadline for all applicants
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – a letter from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid during the semester for which this scholarship is to be used.
- Proof of residence that shows you have lived in Lincoln County for at least six (6) months prior to your application. Accepted documents (one of the following): a utility bill in your name (a statement that is at least 6 months old and one that is for the current billing cycle); letter from a utility company; copy of your paid Lincoln County Tax receipt (real estate or personal property)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation by people who are familiar with your character and goals. Letters must be typewritten, dated, and include the writer's original signature. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted.
- Copy of your high school transcript, GED test scores, or college transcript, whichever is most recent.
- Enrollment or acceptance letter (or other form of verification) from the Registrar of the school(s) you will attend during the semester for which this scholarship will be used.
- Personal statement (typewritten) Write a personal statement explaining your goals, why you chose your current course of study and what you hope to achieve. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
If you are a resident of Lincoln County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.