Applicants who are renewing a scholarship (awarded in Spring or Summer 2017) continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program, as long as you are continuously awarded each spring and fall.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The list of required documents below must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Contact us if you are unable to provide any of the required items. These documents may be submitted either of the following ways:
- Attach electronic copies of documentation to your application using the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it. Tutorial: How to scan & upload documents
- Mail paper copies of documentation to the JCSPSF Awards Committee (above). Any documentation sent by mail must be postmarked by the application deadline to be accepted. Items mailed with insufficient postage or COD will not be accepted.
List of Required Documents: (Failure to follow the instructions below may result in denial of your application.)
- A completed online application form,
- Proof of (a) your status as head of household, and (b) your residence in Jefferson County for at least six (6) months prior to your scholarship application. Examples:
- Utility bill at least six (6) months old, showing the account in your name,
- Letter or statement from a utility company verifying an account in your name for the past six (6) months,
- Copy of a paid Jefferson County tax receipt (personal property or real estate) for the previous year,
- Copy of a signed lease in your name for housing in Jefferson County that is dated at least 6 months prior to your scholarship application.
- If attending college or vocational school for first time, provide complete high school transcript(s).
- If you are a returning college or vocational student, provide complete transcript(s) of all college coursework that applies toward your current degree.
- a current or former employer,
- a college or vocational instructor or advisor, and
- a character reference or reference that can speak about your volunteerism or community service experience.
- Identify two (2) of your long-term educational, personal, or career goals. (Example: “I will become the head of my company’s graphics design department”)
- Break each long-term goal into several short-term goals that you hope to accomplish within a shorter amount of time. (Example: A short-term goal needed to accomplish becoming the head of the graphics design department would be “I will learn how to use my company’s new graphics software”)
- For each short-term goal, include a specific deadline by which you plan to accomplish the goal (Example: “I will learn the graphics design software by the end of next month”).
- For each short-term goal, describe how you plan to accomplish it (Example, “I will enroll in a graphics design course”).
- an award letter from your school's financial aid office,
- a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) or other documentation verifying receipt of your Pell Grant.
- If you are not eligible for a Pell Grant, provide a written explanation of your ineligibility. This explanation will be reviewed by the Awards Committee, and does not guarantee your eligibility for this scholarship.
Note: The Awards Committee reserves the right to require additional information such as proof of income, child custody, marital status, and/or copies of official transcripts to verify eligibility should the Committee deem it necessary.
If you are a resident of Jefferson County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.