How to Apply
If you are a resident of Jackson County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
- Resident of Jackson County, Arkansas
- Single head of household (unmarried, separated, divorced, or widowed)
- Have custody of a child (younger than age 18)
- Have low household income, at or below 185% of federal poverty guidelines
- Earned a high school diploma or GED.
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or vocational degree or certification during the semester for which this scholarship will be used. Your chosen program must be one that will allow you to earn a living wage and provide a better standard of living for your family.
- Applicants who have previously earned a bachelor's degree are not eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Applied for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline (address above).
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above), and list of Required Supporting Documents (below). Apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Click to download the application in the Downloads section (above).
- Review the application, guidelines, and requirements. Contact us (above) if you have any trouble collecting any of the documents, or have any questions about the form or requirements.
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Complete your application. Use Adobe Reader (free download) to complete the application using your computer.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form and post-marked or received on or before the application deadline (above).
- Proof of school enrollment or acceptance for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship.
Transcript(s) of your high school and all college coursework. Copy of your most recent grades (only if you are currently enrolled in college)
New Applicants (Applicants who did not receive this scholarship last semester or who are applying for the first time)
- All items listed under All Applicants (above)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation by people who are familiar with your character, work ethic, and goals. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted.
- Statement of goals
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses