How to Apply
For a limited time, residents of Hot Spring or Saline County, Arkansas, may apply for a special scholarship opportunity through the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund. This opportunity is provided in partnership between the Arkansas Department of Higher Education and the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund during certain times of the year only.
If you are a resident of Hot Spring or Saline County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (below).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link under Documents (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.
Effective Fall 2017: New applicants and applicants who were not awarded in the prior term (Spring or Summer 2017) follow our new eligibility criteria.
Applicants who are renewing a scholarship (awarded in Spring or Summer 2017) continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program, as long as you are continuously awarded each spring and fall. Contact us (above) for questions about our former eligibility criteria.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach these documents. Be sure to attach the documents to your application before you submit it.
- A copy of your class schedule for the semester this scholarship will be used. If a class schedule is not available at the time of application, provide an enrollment or acceptance letter from the school. (You will still be required to provide a copy of your schedule once it becomes available.)
- A copy of your high school transcript, GED test scores, or college transcript (whichever is most recent)
- A typewritten statement explaining the following:
- why you chose your current program or course of study
- what you hope to achieve with your education
- If you are functioning as a custodial single parent for a child who is not your biological child, please explain the situation.
- If you are living with a family member or a roommate, please explain the situation.
- Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your scholarship application.
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses