How to Apply
If you are a resident of Hempstead or Lafayette County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
- Scholarships for full time students (12 or more hours) - $1000
- Scholarships for 3/4 time students (9-11 hours) - $750
- Scholarships for part time students (6-8 hours) - $500
- Students who fail to maintain the required cumulative GPA will be given one (1) probationary semester to raise the GPA to the required level. Failure to raise the GPA during the probationary semester may result in the loss of the scholarship.
- Resident of Hempstead or Lafayette County, Arkansas (at least 30 days prior to the application deadline of this scholarship)
- Single head of household (unmarried, separated, divorced, or widowed)
- Have legal custody of a child (younger than age 18) and be solely responsible for his/her care
- Have low household income, at or near the poverty level
- Currently pursuing a career-oriented course of study, full- or part-time, during the semester for which this scholarship will be used, at a school that is an accredited, public or private, non-profit post-secondary institution. Your chosen program must be one that will allow you to earn a living wage and provide a better standard of living for your family.
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Applicants who have previously earned a bachelor's degree are not eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Applicants are not required to enroll at University of Arkansas Hope Texarkana to qualify for this scholarship
- Applied for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
- Submit your application and all required supporting documents prior to the application deadline (address above).
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above), and list of Required Supporting Documents (below). Apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
- Click to download the application in the Downloads section (above).
- Review the application, guidelines, and requirements. Contact us (above) if you have any trouble collecting any of the documents, or have any questions about the form or requirements.
- Collect all required supporting documents.
- Complete your application. Use Adobe Reader (free download) to complete the application using your computer.
- Proofread, print and make a copy of your completed application and all supporting documents.
Required Supporting Documents
Applicants may be asked to provide the following supporting documents along with a completed application form (above).
- Proof of residence that shows you have lived in Hempstead or Lafayette County for at least thirty (30) days prior to our application deadline (Examples: deposit receipts, utility bills, etc.)
- Proof of marital status
- Proof of income such as copy of your most recent federal tax return
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses