If an application link doesn't appear below, please check back later.
How to Apply
If you are a resident of Faulkner County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
- Resident of Faulkner County, Arkansas for at least 30 days prior to the application deadline of this scholarship for the semester in which it will be used.
- Single head of household (unmarried, legally separated, divorced, or widowed)
- Have sole custody of a child (younger than age 18) who is your biological or adopted dependent, or for whom you are the appointed legal guardian. In all cases, you must serve as the child's parent and be responsible for the daily needs of the child.
- Have low household income, at or near the poverty level
- Earned a high school diploma or GED
- Currently pursuing a career-oriented course of study, full- or part-time, and enrolled or accepted by an accredited, public or private non-profit post-secondary school, during the semester for which this scholarship will be used. Your chosen program must be one that will allow you to earn a living wage and provide a better standard of living for your family. Applicants who have previously earned a bachelor's degree are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Applied for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above) and the list of Required Supporting Documents (below).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Read the Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents if you need help.
- Click the application link to apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship. If an application link isn't available, it means that applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later. NOTE: You will not be able to apply without clicking the application link first.
- Login to your account. Contact the SPSF (above) if you don't remember your username or password. Create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account at a later time if you cannot complete your application in one sitting. Be sure to proofread your application and upload all required supporting documents before you are ready to submit it. You cannot make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
- Submit your application. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully. Contact the SPSF (above) if you need to alert us about missing or incorrect information on your application.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account.
DRAFT status means your application has not been submitted or received yet.
SUBMITTED means your application has been received and is awaiting further review.
UNDER REVIEW means the Selection Committee is reviewing your application.
AWARDED or DENIED indicates the Selection Committee’s final decision.
- Attend an interview (if required) with Scholarship Board Members.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
- Schedule of registered classes (or other proof of enrollment or acceptance) for the semester in which this scholarship will be used
- Official transcript of high school or college work (whichever is most recent). Include a copy of current grades earned if they are not included on the transcript.
- Most recent federal tax return (first page only)
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR), or letter from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid during the semester for which this scholarship is to be used.
New Applicants (Applicants who did not receive this scholarship last semester or who are applying for the first time)
- All items listed under All Applicants (above)
- Personal Statement - Write a statement (less than 300 words) explaining why you chose your current course of study and why this scholarship is needed. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character and education goals. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted.
NOTE: The Scholarship Selection Committee may also require deposit receipts, utility bills, or other proof of residency.
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses