If an application link doesn't appear below, please check back later.
How to Apply
If you are a resident of Crittenden County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
- Resident of Crittenden County, Arkansas (for the past 6 months)
- Single head of household
- Have custody of a child (younger than age 18)
- Earned a high school diploma or GED
- Enrolled in an undergraduate course of study full- or part-time (minimum 9 credit hours) during the semester for which this scholarship will be used. Your chosen program must be one that will allow you to earn a living wage and provide a better standard of living for your family.
- Must have and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA while in school
- Applied for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above) and the list of Required Supporting Documents (below).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Read the Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents if you need help.
- Click the application link to apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship. If an application link isn't available, it means that applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later. NOTE: You will not be able to apply without clicking the application link first.
- Login to your account. Contact the SPSF (above) if you don't remember your username or password. Create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account at a later time if you cannot complete your application in one sitting. Be sure to proofread your application and upload all required supporting documents before you are ready to submit it. You cannot make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
- Submit your application. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully. Contact the SPSF (above) if you need to alert us about missing or incorrect information on your application.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account.
DRAFT status means your application has not been submitted or received yet.
SUBMITTED means your application has been received and is awaiting further review.
UNDER REVIEW means the Selection Committee is reviewing your application.
AWARDED or DENIED indicates the Selection Committee’s final decision.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
- Personal statement (typewritten) Write a personal statement about yourself that explains why you chose your current course of study and what you hope to achieve. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation by people who are familiar with your character and goals. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted.
- Copy of your high school transcript, GED test scores, or college transcript, whichever is most recent.
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses