If an application link doesn't appear below, please check back later.
How to Apply
If you are a resident of Craighead County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
- Resident of Craighead County, Arkansas
- Single head of household (unmarried, legally separated, divorced, or widowed)
- Have custody of a child (younger than age 18)
- Have low household income, at or near the poverty level
- Earned a high school diploma or GED
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or vocational degree or certification, full-time, during the semester for which this scholarship will be used. Your chosen program must be one that will allow you to earn a living wage and provide a better standard of living for your family.
- Must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA in high school and/or college
- Applicants who have previously earned a bachelor's degree are not eligible for this scholarship, with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Applied for a Pell Grant (FAFSA)
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review the Eligibility Guidelines (above) and the list of Required Supporting Documents (below).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Read the Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents if you need help.
- Click the application link to apply each semester that you wish to be considered for a scholarship. If an application link isn't available, it means that applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later. NOTE: You will not be able to apply without clicking the application link first.
- Login to your account. Contact the SPSF (above) if you don't remember your username or password. Create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account at a later time if you cannot complete your application in one sitting. Be sure to proofread your application and upload all required supporting documents before you are ready to submit it. You cannot make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
- Submit your application. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully. Contact the SPSF (above) if you need to alert us about missing or incorrect information on your application.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account.
DRAFT status means your application has not been submitted or received yet.
SUBMITTED means your application has been received and is awaiting further review.
UNDER REVIEW means the Selection Committee is reviewing your application.
AWARDED or DENIED indicates the Selection Committee’s final decision.
Required Supporting Documents
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
New Applicants (Applicants who did not receive this scholarship last semester or who are applying for the first time)
- All items listed under All Applicants (below)
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – copy of your federal financial aid Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Personal statement - Write a personal statement explaining your goals and why this scholarship is needed.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. Letters must be typewritten and include the writer's original signature.
- Copy of your most recent federal tax return
- Proof of enrollment for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship. Acceptable documents are a copy of your class schedule or an enrollment or acceptance letter from your school(s).
- Copy of your transcripts from all previous high school(s), colleges, and other schools attended.
NOTE: All eligible scholarship applicants must attend a scheduled interview to be considered for this scholarship.
Your College - Your Career - Your Future
Help with Living Expenses