Local ContactsValerie Wilson
Fall 2017 - November 21
If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
- Proof of enrollment from your school(s) registrar for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship.
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR), or letter from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid during the semester for which this scholarship is to be used.
- Personal Statement: (not required for spring semester if you received a fall scholarship) Write a personal statement explaining why you chose your current course of study and what you hope to achieve. Include any other information about yourself that you believe would help the Selection Committee evaluate your application.
- Copy of your current or most recent college transcript(s)
- Release form - Download and complete the form.
At certain times of the year, residents of Columbia County, Arkansas, may apply for a special scholarship opportunity through the Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Ouachita/Calhoun Counties. This opportunity is provided in partnership between the Arkansas Department of Higher Education and the Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund.
If you are a resident of Columbia County, Arkansas, and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the eligibility guidelines and application instructions below to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.