If you are a returning scholarship applicant and have continuously received scholarships each Spring and Fall since Spring 2017, continue to follow the guidelines under which you entered our program. If you are a new applicant or did not receive a scholarship during Fall 2017 follow our current eligibility criteria.REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
The following documents are required and must be submitted with your completed application form by the application deadline (above). Use the Upload Tool found in the Supporting Documents section of the application to attach the documents. Be sure to attach these documents to your application before you submit it.
New Applicants (Applicants who did not receive this scholarship last semester or who are applying for the first time)
- All items listed under All Applicants (below)
- (If you are divorced or legally separated) Copy of your divorce or separate maintenance decree or other legal document that indicates your marital status
- Pell Grant (FAFSA) – a copy of your Student Aid Report or a statement from your school’s Financial Aid Office that states your approval or denial for financial aid and award amount for the semester in which this scholarship is to be used.
- Copy of your latest utility bill that shows your current residence. Provide a brief explanation if you do not have a utility bill available.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation by people who are familiar with your work ethic and character. Each letter must explain your relationship to your reference. References may be from a current or former employer, instructor, or leader from an organization of which you are involved. Letters from your relatives will not be accepted.
- Personal statement about yourself that includes the following information:
- Introduction of yourself and your family.
- Describe your personal, educational, and career goals.
- Describe how this scholarship will be used.
- Describe your recent community service experience, if any.
- Include any other information about yourself that you would like us to know.
- Copy of your class schedule for the semester for which you are seeking a scholarship.
- Copy of your high school transcript, GED test scores, or college transcript, whichever is most recent.
- Copy of your most recent federal tax return (summary page only). Provide a brief explanation if you did not file a tax return.
- ADHE Release form. Download and complete the form. A form with current signature and date must be submitted each semester.
If you are a resident of Crawford, Franklin or Sebastian County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, follow these instructions to get started.
Video Tutorial: How to Apply
- Review our new Eligibility Criteria and the list of Required Supporting Documents (above).
- Collect all required supporting documents. Scan or save them to your computer or to a portable drive in one of the following file formats: PDF, XLS (or XLSX), DOC (or DOCX), or RTF. Need help? Read Tutorial: How to Scan & Upload Documents.
- Apply each semester you need a scholarship. Click the application link (above). Application links are only available when applications are being accepted.
- Login to your account. Contact us (above) if you have trouble logging in. Or create a new account if you don't have one.
- Complete your application. You can save your work and log back into your account later if you need more time to finish your application. Be sure to complete all sections and all questions accurately. Upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. Once your application is submitted, you won't be able to change your answers or attach any missing documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline. You will see a SUBMISSION SUCCESSFUL message on your screen if your application is submitted successfully.
- Check the status of your application and update your personal profile by logging into your account. DRAFT status on your application means it has not been submitted properly.