If you are a resident of White County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, download the application below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
|Dan Newsom, Executive Director|
|Mail:|| ||PO Box 8325|
Searcy, AR 72145
Apply for a Scholarship
Download the following required forms. You may re-apply for each semester that you wish to receive a scholarship.
- Spring semester - January 7
- Summer - June 1
- Fall semester - August 15
- Resident of White County, Arkansas,
- High school graduate or equivalent (may apply if enrolled in college and in process of obtaining GED diploma),
- Single head of household (single, separated, divorced, widowed) with primary care of a child under the age of eighteen (18) living in your home,
- Pursuing a vocationally oriented undergraduate course of study (full- or part-time) to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family. Applicants cannot already have earned an undergraduate degree with the exception of those pursing a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Low-income as figured on a monthly basis,
- Applicant must maintain a 2.5 G.P.A. or academic test equivalency each semester.
- Must apply for the Pell Grant,
- Complete application including any required supporting documentation must be received by the deadline in order for the application to be considered.
Information about other scholarship opportunities and living assistance programs can also be found on ASPSF's Other Scholarships and the Living Assistance Services pages.