If you are a resident of Saline County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the Application Instructions below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
|Mail:|| ||Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Garland County|
PO Box 20116
Hot Springs, AR 71903
- You must be a resident of Saline County, Arkansas, to apply for Open Scholarship Opportunities listed below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
- Scroll down to review the Eligibility Requirements, list of Required Supporting Documents, and Application Guidelines below.
- Click the appropriate application link listed under Open Scholarship Opportunities below. If links are not available, applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later.
- Login to an existing student account or register for a new account. Contact the person listed above if you have forgotten your username or password.
- You may save your work, log out, and return later if you cannot finish your application in one sitting. Complete and submit your application and all required supporting documentation by the deadline. Application Deadlines are listed below.
- Periodically login to your student account to monitor the status of your application and manage your profile. Click here to login
Open Scholarship Opportunities:
IMPORTANT: All applications are locked after the deadline expires. Be sure to upload any electronic supporting documents to the application prior to submitting it. Students may not edit an application after it has been submitted. Contact the person above if you need to change or add any information on your application.
- Resident of Garland County, Arkansas,
- Single head of household with custody of one or more children under the age of 18,
- Low to moderate income,
- High school or GED graduate,
- Have not received a 4-year degree (except those pursuing a Masters of Arts in Teaching),
- Enrolled at least 6.0 hours or half time,
- Receiving or eligible for Pell Grant,
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
Required Supporting Documentation:
Applicants are required to submit the following items, along with a completed scholarship application, by the application deadline.
NOTE: Electronic copies of these documents may be uploaded through the Supporting Documents section of your online application.
Be sure to upload any electronic supporting documents you plan to submit with your application prior to submitting it. Students may not edit an application after it has been submitted. Contact the person above if you need to change or add any information to your application.
- Transcripts - Copies of all transcripts from college and high school. If you earned a GED, include your certificate and test scores.
- Class Schedule - Copy of your class schedule for the semester in which this scholarship will be used.
- Proof of Pell Grant - Complete copy of the most recent FAFSA Student Aid Report or copy of your financial aid report from the school you will attend during the academic year in which this scholarship will be used.
- Proof of Income - First page of your most recent Federal Tax Return
- Personal statement - Must be a one page, typed, personal essay that describes your career objectives and financial need.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation - Two letters from non-relatives such as employer, professor, or pastor describing your character and work ethic.
Information about other scholarship opportunities and living assistance programs can also be found on ASPSF's Other Scholarships and the Living Assistance Services pages.