If you are a resident of Montgomery County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, download the application below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
|Mail:|| ||PO Box 1102|
Mount Ida, AR 71957
OUR APPLICATION IS NOW COMPLETELY ONLINE. We are no longer offering or accepting applications in PDF format or on paper. Read the instructions below before applying. Contact Technical Support (left) if you need assistance with our new application format.
- You must be a resident of Montgomery County in Arkansas, to apply for Open Scholarship Opportunities listed below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
- Apply for each semester that you wish to receive a scholarship.
- Scroll down to review the Eligibility Requirements below.
- Click the appropriate application link listed under Open Scholarship Opportunities below. NOTE: If links are not available, applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later.
- Login to an existing student account or register for a new account. Contact the person listed above if you have forgotten your username or password.
- Complete and submit your application and all required supporting documentation by the deadline. You may save your work, log out, and return later to finish your application if needed. Application Deadlines are listed below.
- Periodically login to your student account to monitor the status of your application and manage your profile. Click here to login
- Spring semester - January 10
- Summer semester - limited availability
- Fall semester - August 10
- Have custody of and be responsible for daily care of dependent children (under age 18);
- Be a single head of household;
- Be a resident of Montgomery County, AR.
- Be a high school graduate or the recipient of a GED diploma.
- Priority will be given to full-time students (12 Credit Hours) who are enrolled in or have been accepted by a public or private non-profit post secondary school in a program providing marketable skills to achieve self-sufficiency and a better standard while residing in Montgomery County.
- Be a recipient of or applying for a Pell Grant (FAFSA) (and other federal financial aid)
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
Required Supporting Documentation:
Applicants are required to submit the following items, along with a completed scholarship application, by the application deadline.
NOTE: Electronic copies of these documents may be uploaded through the Supporting Documents section of your online application. Be sure to upload any electronic supporting documents you plan to submit with your application prior to submitting it.
- All Applicants:
- A statement of your career goals and how the Single Parent Scholarship can help you achieve your goals. Feel free to include any other appropriate information that may be helpful to our board in evaluating your application (1-2 pages, maximum).
- Three letters of recommendation (from work, college, or personal sources)
- Renewing Applicants:
- All items listed above, plus the following:
- Current copy of your transcript (an Internet copy is acceptable)
- Class schedule for the semester during which this scholarship will be used (Class schedule receipt)
Open Scholarship Opportunities:
IMPORTANT: All applications are locked after the deadline expires. Be sure to upload any electronic supporting documents to the application prior to submitting it. Students may not edit an application after it has been submitted. Contact the person above if you need to change or add any information on your application.
Information about other scholarship opportunities and living assistance programs can also be found on ASPSF's Other Scholarships and the Living Assistance Services pages.