If you are a resident of Hempstead County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, download the application below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
|Becky Wilson, Director of Financial Aid|
|Mail:|| ||Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Hempstead & Lafayette Counties|
c/o University of Arkansas Community College at Hope
PO Box 140
Hope, AR 71802
Complete and submit the Scholarship Application.
You may re-apply for each semester that you wish to receive a scholarship.
- Spring semester: November 30
- Summer semester: April 30
- Fall semester: July 1
- Resident of Hempstead County, Arkansas for at least 30 days preceding the deadline for submission of completed application.
- Single head of household (never married, separated, divorced, or widowed) with legal custody and sole responsibility of one or more children under the age of 18.
- Pursuing a career-oriented course of study (full- or part-time) to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family.
- Enrolled in an accredited, public or private non-profit post-secondary school in a program providing marketable skills to achieve self-sufficiency. Applicants cannot already have earned an undergraduate degree with the exception of students working towards a Master of Arts in Teaching.
- Recipient of, or in the process of obtaining a Pell Grant.
- Low-income person at or near the poverty level.
- Have maintained a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
Information about other scholarship opportunities and living assistance programs can also be found on ASPSF's Other Scholarships and the Living Assistance Services pages.