If you are a resident of Crawford, Franklin, or Sebastian Counties in Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the Application Instructions below. If you are not a resident of one of these counties, click here to locate your county.
|Linda Dowdy, Executive Director|
|Mail:|| ||Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Crawford Franklin & Sebastian Counties|
PO Box 8108
Fort Smith, AR 72916
|Physical:|| ||5401 Rogers Avenue, Ste 204|
Fort Smith, AR 72903
- Reside in Crawford, Franklin or Sebastian County, Arkansas,
- Be single head of household with sole custody of child(ren) under age eighteen. Single refers to being legally separated, divorced, widowed, or never having been married.
- Apply for a Pell Grant and provide a copy of award or denial letter.
- Pursue a career-oriented undergraduate course of study at one of the following approved schools:
- Be enrolled for the scholarship term,
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0. Alternative grading/certification may be considered for trade school or other types of students.
- Complete an interview with the Single Parent Scholarship committee. An interview will be scheduled with you following the application deadline.
- Part-time students must take at least 6 credit hours.
- To apply for a scholarship applicant must complete a scholarship application form, including all required documentation by the application deadline for each semester.
Spring: December 3
Fall: August 6
Spring: December 17
Fall: July 15
Open Scholarship Opportunities:
To apply for a scholarship, select the county you live in from the box below. Then click the appropriate application link.
NOTE: Applications are only being accepted when an application link appears upon selecting your county.
- You must be a resident of Crawford, Franklin, or Sebastian County in Arkansas to apply for Open Scholarship Opportunities listed below. If you are not a resident of one of these counties, click here to locate your county.
- Apply for each semester that you wish to receive a scholarship.
- Click the appropriate application link listed under Open Scholarship Opportunities below. If links are not available, applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later.
- Login to an existing student account or register for a new account. Contact the person listed above if you have forgotten your username or password.
- Complete and submit your application and all required supporting documentation by the deadline. Application Deadlines are listed below.
- Periodically login to your student account to monitor the status of your application and manage your profile. Click here to login
NOTE: You are required to submit certain supporting documents with your application. Electronic copies of these documents may be attached to your application by uploading them in the Supporting Documents section of online application.
IMPORTANT: All applications are locked after the application deadline expires. Be sure to upload any documents you plan to submit electronically prior to submitting your application. Students may not edit an application after it has been submitted. Contact the person above if you need to change or add any information on your application.
SUMMER APPLICANTS ONLY: Applications for the summer scholarship term will only be considered from those who received a scholarship for the preceding spring semester. Be sure to upload the following documentation through the application system or submit it by email, fax, or postal mail: most recent transcript, and a copy of your summer class schedule. Your completed application, including all supporting documentation, must be submitted on or before the application deadline to be considered.
Information about other scholarship opportunities and living assistance programs can also be found on ASPSF's Other Scholarships and the Living Assistance Services pages.