If you are a resident of Craighead County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the Application Instructions below. If you are not a resident of one of this county, click here to locate your county.
|Mail:|| ||PO Box 17254Jonesboro, AR 72401|
|To submit application supporting documentation|
|Mail:|| ||Craighead County Single Parent Scholarship Fund|
c/o Financial Aid and Scholarship Office
Arkansas State University
PO Box 1620
State University, AR 72467
- A resident of Craighead County, Arkansas;
- A high school or GED graduate;
- A single head of household (single, legally separated, divorced or widow) with custodial care of one or more children under the age of 18;
- Pursuing a career oriented course of study (full time) to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family. Applicants cannot already have earned an undergraduate degree with the exception of those pursuing a Masters of Arts in Teaching.
- A low-income person at or near the poverty level;
- A recipient of or has applied for a Pell Grant;
- Must have a high school GPA of 2.5, or a GED certificate, or a cumulative GPA of 2.5 from any post secondary institution; and
- Attend a scheduled interview.
- Spring semester - January 30
- Summer semester - May 30
- Fall semester - August 30
Required Supporting Documentation:
Applicants are required to submit the following items, along with a completed scholarship application, by the application deadline.
You are required to submit certain supporting documents with your application. Electronic copies of these documents may be attached to your online application by uploading them in the Supporting Documents section of the application.
NOTE: Online applications are locked after you submit your application or after the application deadline expires, whichever comes first. You will not be able to edit the contents of your application after that time. Be sure to upload any documents you plan to submit electronically before submitting your application. If your application is locked, contact us if you need to change or add any information.
All students must submit the following:
- Copy of most recent federal tax return
- Copy of class schedules or proof of enrollment for the semester in which you are seeking a scholarship.
- A signed Memorandum of Understanding
- Copies of all previous transcripts (high school and college)
New students only:
- All of the items listed above.
- Copy of your federal financial aid Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already applied for federal financial aid, click here.
- A personal statement that includes goals and why you need this scholarship.
- Two typed and signed letters of recommendation.
- You must be a resident of Craighead County, Arkansas, to apply for any of this affiliate's scholarship opportunities. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
- Apply for each semester that you wish to receive a scholarship.
- Review the Eligibility Requirements, the list of Required Supporting Documents, and the Eligibility Guidelines above.
- Click the appropriate application link listed under Open Scholarship Opportunities below. If links are not available, applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later.
- Login to an existing student account or register for a new account. Contact the person listed above if you have forgotten your username or password.
- You may save your work, log out, and return later if you cannot finish your application in one sitting. Complete and submit your application and all required supporting documentation by the deadline. Application Deadlines are listed above.
- Periodically login to your student account to monitor the status of your application and manage your profile. Click here to login
Open Scholarship Opportunities:
NOTE: Applications are only being accepted when an application link is listed in this section.
Information about other scholarship opportunities and living assistance programs can also be found on ASPSF's Other Scholarships and the Living Assistance Services pages.