If you are a resident of Ashley County, Arkansas and wish to apply for a Single Parent Scholarship, read the Application Instructions below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
- You must be a resident of Ashley County, Arkansas, to apply for Open Scholarship Opportunities listed below. If you are not a resident of this county, click here to locate your county.
- You may re-apply for each semester that you wish to receive a scholarship.
- Scroll down to review the Eligibility Requirements below.
- Click the appropriate application link listed under Open Scholarship Opportunities below. NOTE: If links are not available, applications are not currently being accepted. Please check back later.
- Login to an existing student account or register for a new account. Contact the person listed above if you have forgotten your username or password.
- Complete and submit your application and all required supporting documentation by the deadline. You may save your work, log out, and return later to finish your application if needed. Application Deadlines are listed below.
- Periodically login to your student account to monitor the status of your application and manage your profile. Click here to login
Open Scholarship Opportunities:
IMPORTANT: All applications are locked after the deadline expires. Be sure to upload any electronic supporting documents to the application prior to submitting it. Students may not edit an application after it has been submitted. Contact the person above if you need to change or add any information on your application.
- Spring semester - January 31
- Fall semester - September 22
- Resident of Ashley County, Arkansas (for the past 6 months);
- Single head of household (single, divorced, widowed, widower) with sole custody of a child or children under age eighteen (18);
- A high school graduate or have obtained a GED;
- Pursuing an undergraduate course of study or vocational oriented undergrad. Applicants cannot already have earned an undergraduate degree with the exception of those pursuing a Master of Arts in Education.
- Must be a recipient of a Pell Grant or have applied;
- Must have and maintain a 2.50 GPA in high school and/or college
- Must be a full-time student (12 credit hours) or a part-time student (9 credit hours);
Required Supporting Documents:
Students must submit an application for each semester a scholarship is sought.
Applicants must submit electronic or scanned copies of the following information. Submit your documents using the Upload Tool in the Supporting Documents section of your online application.
Be sure to upload any electronic supporting documents to the application prior to submitting it. Students may not edit an application after it has been submitted. Contact the person above if you need to change or add any information to your application.
- Verification of Ashley County residence. Choose one of the following: (1) Copy of a current utility bill and copy of one that is 6 months old, both showing you as the account holder, (2) statement for the past 6 months from a utility company showing you as the account holder, (3) a copy of a paid Ashley County Real Estate Tax receipt, (4) copy of a paid Personal Property Taxes receipt.
- Copy of your high school or college transcript, whichever is most recent
- A document from the Registrar's Office of your school verifying your enrollment or acceptance
- Three (3) typed and signed letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your character and goals. Letters from relatives will not be accepted. References may be from a current or former employer, pastor, high school personnel, college or vocational instructor or advisor, or someone who is familiar with your volunteerism or community service experience.
- A typed personal statement of goals explaining why you chose your current course of study and what you hope to achieve.
NOTE: The scholarship selection committee may require proof of income, custody, or marital status.
Information about other scholarship opportunities and living assistance programs can also be found on ASPSF's Other Scholarships and the Living Assistance Services pages.