Capital Campaign Director
Single Parent Scholarship Fund of Benton County (SPSFBC) is seeking to employ a full-time Capital Campaign Director to lead an upcoming capital campaign in order to grow scholarship and program funding in order to continue to serve single parent families in Benton County.
The Capital Campaign Director will report to the Executive Director and will support/lead the SPSFBC Capital Campaign Leadership Team in their work on the capital campaign in order to carry out a broad‐based fundraising plan targeting individuals, corporations, foundations and organizations to support this initiative.
SPSFBC seeks to employ a seasoned, responsible, focused individual, with outstanding organizational skills and high level of accuracy. Experience in and knowledge of fundraising, specifically capital campaigns, is required. The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, professional and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential. Candidates must have a high level of computer literacy, including experience using online databases and other sources to locate financial and philanthropic information, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, volunteers, Board members, donors, and prospective donors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s degree preferred, and familiarity with nonprofit institutions;
- 7‐10 years of professional experience in fundraising with a track record of success, with specific experience in capital campaigns and major gift support, and the tracking/monitoring of pledges;
- Knowledge of local, statewide, and national philanthropic communities;
- Experience in campaign management and organization including cultivation plans, solicitation strategies, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines;
- Acknowledgement of all campaign gifts and pledges and preparation of pledge payment reminders and pledge agreements;
- Writing of campaign correspondence including solicitation proposals, meeting requests, and meeting follow up;
- Maintaining master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign committee on track;
- Organization and monitoring of volunteer assignments and follow-up, and leading all aspects of volunteer-led events;
- Managing the writing and development of capital campaign print and electronic collateral materials and coordination of the design and production;
- Planning and execution of all campaign communications, creating content for the newsletter and talking points for the media; integrating campaign milestones into ongoing public relations;
- Managing a capital campaign fundraising budget;
- Ensuring that data related to prospects and donors is recorded and tracked in fundraising software; manage campaign record keeping, evaluate progress towards goals, prepare periodic reports on fundraising, present to the Executive Director and Board of Directors and recommend revisions to the fundraising plan, as needed, to meet goals;
- Ensuring donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition;
- Scheduling meetings, preparing talking points, assembling presentations, and full meeting prep for board members, campaign volunteers and staff;
- Experience in scheduling and staffing solicitation calls and conducting follow up and stewardship;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, capable of working effectively with board members, staff members, volunteers, consultants and donors/prospects;
- Energetic, self‐motivated, professional, flexible and adaptable with a sense of humor, able to multi‐task and work independently in a hands on work environment;
- A team player with an attitude of service and ability to motivate others; and
- Computer fluency in MS Office, donor database software, web applications, and knowledgeable about the role of technology and electronic communication in fundraising.
SPSFBC offers a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, plus a benefits package. The position is based in Bentonville. SPSFBC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person based on age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, gender, marital status or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Jack Eaton, Executive Director at email@example.com. Only those whose resume are being considered will be contacted.